The first church was built in 1927 at the corner of A Street and 6th Street (to the north of the Old School). In 1950 a new church was built and in 1963 the property was enlarged. Currently the church owns a home at 15524 6th Street (to the north of the church), and the religious center includes a parish hall, parish center (15503 5th Street), a mother’s chapel, and a rectory.
In 1982, the church acquired a former Bank of America building at 15500 7th Street and renamed it the Unity building. Included in this acquisition was a parking lot between this building and 6th Street. This building was acquired for use as a civic and community resource. City planning workshops, meetings for non-profit organizations, neighborhood association meetings, small-business coalitions aiming to foster development along 7th Street, monthly food/clothing distributions, are several of the uses. In addition, the building was available for private events with the revenue going to support local social services.
In 2021, the building needed extensive repair including, roof replacement, electrical, modernization of fire safety systems, meeting ADA requirements, restoration of the original facade, seismic retrofit, and asbestos removal. As of 2025, the city does not report any finalization of the permits, and a certificate of occupancy has not been issued.
These properties have importance to the revitalization of the Old Town Village district as they function as a social hub, service assistance, and a religious center. Additionally, they serve as a point of historical interest to visitors.
This statute was erected in 1996 by the City of Victorville. The property consists of a six-sided memorial in an open courtyard. The memorial/courtyard provides a resting place for pedestrians in this district.
This building is not associated with the Victorville Fire Department. Founded in 2000, the museum contains artifacts and memorabilia related to fire heritage and the evolution of fighting fires. It is open to the public on Saturdays from 9 AM to noon.
This structure was built as a USO Club in 1941, servicing the local military until 1947 at which point it was disbanded and sold to the city. This building used by the city as a community center. In 1992 the building was designated as a historical landmark. The cultural arts center opened in 1998 and offered live performances until the building was damaged by fire. In 2024, the center was scheduled to reopen. Events include:
Built in 1992, this property was used by the school district until 1960 at which time it closed. In 1983 the City acquired the property and began a rehabilitation which was finished on 07/02/1985. Currently, the property functions as a community cultural center and event venue managed by the city. The building is available for
It may also be rented for:
The building is available for:
The property can be leased for:
A relatively small parking lot in near proximity to the Performing Arts Center and Fire Museum. It is one block to the east of Seventh Street. The parking lot will need repair and updating.
The Mormon Springs Monument is located on the southeastern corner of the lot. Erected in 1998, it provides a brief history of the importance of fresh water to 19th century travelers through the desert.
Spanning the intersection of Seventh Street and D Street, it signals the entry to Old Town Village. The archway is lighted with energy efficient LEDs and visually brands the district as a Route 66 landmark. The city views the archway as a complement to its Commercial Façade Improvement Program, which is designed to enhance the street appeal to existing commercial properties along Route 66.